LOOKOUT PASS SKI AREA - SUSPENDED WINTER OPERATIONS - COVID-19 RESPONSE & ACTION ITEMS
Effective May 20, 2020: Idaho's Governor Brad Little has put our region of ID at Stage IV. Despite that we will continue to practice Social Distancing protocals to help keep our Guests, Employees and Community safe!
As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact on our community, we feel it is important to connect directly with you to share more about the steps we are taking across our facilities to help our guests, our employees, and our community stay safe and healthy. The health and safety of our guests and employees has always been our top priority. This is a rapidly-evolving situation that we will continue to monitor. Please note that our facilities are open and we are running on our normal schedule, but we have implemented the following precautions to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Our facilities are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of our normal course of business. Over the past few weeks, we’ve increased the frequency and extent of those cleanings.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed throughout our buildings.
- Employees & Guests are reminded to use proper hand washing techniques and we have posted proper hand washing techniques at all sinks.
- CDC education notices have been placed in prominent locations.
- Employees showing any signs of illness are instructed not to report to work, and these absences will be excused. We expect the same from our guests - Don't come if you feel sick.
- We've created more space between tables in the lodge & in the Loft bar by removing seats and tables to create an appropriate buffer area between guests. UPDATED 3-22-2020 Access to the lodge is limited to only use of Bathrooms and access to grab & go Food Service. The Lodge is no longer open for lounging or eating inside. Just Bathroom access and grab & Go food!
- We've changed things in our food service Example: The self-service pizza & soup/chili service to now be exclusively served by our employees. UPDATED3-22-2020 Food Service is available for TAKE OUT EATING ONLY!
- Lifts will limit the number of people loaded onto a chair. You can always ride by yourself or with only people from your group or family. So Guests do not have to ride with a stranger!
- UPDATE 3-22-2020 - BUIDLINGS CLOSED no lounging or indoor bag storage. Bathroom, Locker access available along with Grab & Go Food access. The door from the outside that is open is off the slopeside back deck. We're NO LONGER limiting the number of guests that will be admitted into our buildings - buildings are now closed except as noted above. These include Food Service, Rentals and our Snowsports School. Please be patient. We are doing this so you don't have to feel you are trapped in a line to access these areas. Suggestion - Choose to take your breaks or grab some food at an off time - suggestion eat early 11 am instead of noon whichis high tide, or hold off till 1:30 pm when other have transitioned back out on to the slopes.
- We've added more outside seating on our back deck & On the snowbanks surrounding this area. Chairs & Tables have been added. If the weather is to your liking enjoy a casual break outside. The virus does not like sunshine. So enjoy sitting outside absorbing more vitamin D. You can also make a choice to eat at your vehicle. We are even looking at changes to the menu to create options that are more grab and go ready reducing your time in an enclosed space.
- Food service will have more grab and go options so you again don't need to wait inside.
- Snow Sports will be doing lessons by Appointment ONLY. Lesson space is limited, lessons must be booked in advance call 208-744-1301 x 15 or email email@example.com for questions and reservations.
- Sadly all our spring events are being suspended for this winter. We will be enjoying the slopes but our fun spring events which usually result in a bit of a crowd gathering to watch (like pond skimming, the Cardobard Box Derby & our Easter Egg Hunt) will unfortunately not take place this winter. These will be back on the schedule next spring but we just don't want to have people gatered around watching these events.
- If any guests are planning to visit and feel sick we implore you to make a prudent decision and stay home. Making some awesome spring turns is not worth putting others health at risk.
- If you have recently traveled to an area with a heightened risk we also ask you to stay home.
- Porta Johns have been added with clensing stations one set just below our new Quad Lift, and another near the steps into the area and just below the lodge.
All of these practices are based on guidance provided by the CDC and WHO, along with guidance from our local, U.S. Government and Public Health Agencies.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a cold or the flu, if you think you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or if you have traveled out of the country in the last two weeks to an impacted area, we ask that you please reschedule your planned visit to the ski area.
We are happy to assist you with questions or group reservation rescheduling needs. Phone: 208.744.1234